Real Estate Miami Beach FL
Miami Beach Living
Our Miami real estate agents are here to help you find the best place to live here in Miami Beach. If you do not see the information you need here, contact us for more information about the Miami area.
Coconut Grove, Florida is a small community perfect for community events. In the mid 1900s the city was annexed by Miami so that's it basic city government is run by Miami, however, the town still maintains its smaller feel. Coconut Grove is known for its many art galleries by the bay where art fanatics and tourists alike can view beautiful art pieces of all kinds. With Coconut Grove's unique outdoor dining and city events it's no wonder this city is a first pick for its separation from everyday Miami life.
Coral Gables, Florida is a city full of tourist attractions and historical sites. Just look around and it is evident that Coral Gables maintains a rich history unique to the Miami area. In 1925 it was one of the first master planned communities. Today, the city is home not only to the University of Miami, but also Bacardiâ„¢s corporate building. Coral Gables can also boast one of very few National Landmarks in Dade County-The Biltmore Hotel.
Key Biscayne FL is a beautiful city located at the southern point of the state. It is known for its diverse population of high income entrepreneurs and immigrants escaping to America. The town is home to the Sony Ericson Open Tennis Tournament and has a history of great tennis players. The town is also a perfect place for fishing, water sports, and golf.
Miami Beach, Florida is a beach front city full of resorts, hotels, and beach front properties. This luxury city is a beauty and has a long history in art deco architecture. The pedestrian friendly streets have also made it an excellent place for bike riding. Miami Beach has been home to many famous actors, singers, and historical figures including Barbara Walters.
South Beach, Florida is a beautiful oceanfront city that is home to a diverse group of people. South Beach is one of the best vacation spots in the area. Residents in the city live the high life with beachfront real estate and an amazing nightlife. The city also has a huge variety of theatres, museums, Fine dining, and parks making it great for art lovers and tourists alike.
Miami Utility Companies
Electric: Florida Power & Light provides an online system to sign up for electric service.
Water: Miami-Dade Water & Sewer Department can be applied for online.
Telephone: AT&T/BellSouth provides service for most of South Florida. You can sign up online.
Miami Employment Resources
With Miami being a huge tourist area, it's no suprise that some of the top employers in the area are cruise lines, but suprisingly there are also many opportunities in large corporations, oil, and construction. For a good resource on jobs in the area visit http://web.miamibeachfl.gov/hr/jobs.aspx.
Miami and Miami Beach are home to many excellent schools at the college level as well as high school. Below is a listing of the universities in the area. For information on primary and secondary schools visit our Miami Schools page.
- Florida International University: This is Miami's only four year public research university. The college focuses on research in ngineering, law, and medicine.
- University of Miami: This is a top-ranked, private, research college. While their main focus is medical research they also delve in engineering, marine science, education and psychology.
- Barry University: This is a Catholic institution with several locations around Florida.
- Saint Thomas of Villanova University: This is a Catholic college offering vast opportunities in business, engineering, science, sports and theological studies.
- Florida Memorial University: This is the only historically African American University in the area. It is affiliated with the Baptist Church and emphasises diversity and community service.
- Carlos Albizu University: This is a University originally started in Pueto Rico meant to offer Psychology programs that are ethnically sensitive. The school offers many multi-lingual programs.
- Trinity International University: This is a Christian based school that mixes Christian teachings in their academics. They offer a wide variety of programs including Education, History, Business and Music.
- Miami Dade College: With 8 campuses this school is the largest institution of higher education in the US. Each campus has a specialty as well as general classes. Programms are offered for anything from aviation to nursing to technology.
Miami Transportation & Airports
Public Transportation: Miami-Dade Transit offers MetroBuses and MetroRail to travel to and from work or school.
Airports: Miami International Airport is one of the world's largest with 90 airlines flying to 5 continents. Ft. Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport serves South Florida and can be easier to navigate.
Florida Tax Information
There is a 7% sales tax on almost everything, excluding fresh foods and services. There is no state or local income tax.
Miami Healthcare Facilities
Healthcare in Florida is generally private and requires insurance. Here are some of the largest healthcare facilities in South Florida.
- Jackson Memorial Hospital: A county hospital, teaching hospital
- Baptist Hospital of Miami: A hospital that serves mainly in the Southern part of Miami.
- South Miami Hospital: Part of Baptist Health.
- Mercy Hospital: With 27 medical specialties it is the only Catholic hospital in Miami-Dade County.
- University of Miami Hospital: University of Miami Hospital in Miami-Dade County.